by Jeremy Benson, GrandRiverConference.com
South Harrison Girls captured the championship of their own tournament with a win over Mercer while the Maysville captured the Boys championship defeating Princeton.
Maysville 70 Princeton 57 (Boys)
Maysville Wolverines used a 9-0 run to end the first half to pull within one point at halftime. That momentum carried them into the third quarter, where they outscored Princeton 27-18. Maysville was able to work the ball inside early and often in the 3rd with Tanner Evans and Dillon Willis scoring 15 of the quarter's 27 points.
The Wolverines were able to close out the game with a 70-57 victory. They were led in scoring by Evans with 21 points and Willis with 18. Kobyn Metzger added 15 points.
Princeton was able to get out to a 10-point lead in the 2nd quarter before Maysville's run. They led 21-15 after the 1st quarter after Clay Evans hit a shot at the buzzer from past half court after a steal.
Princeton was led in scoring by Talan Holt with 20 and Evans added 16.
South Harrison 55 Mercer 52 (Girls)
South Harrison Lady Bulldogs were behind 38-34 with 2:28 left in the 3rd Quarter when Coach Kale Watson called a timeout. Hannah Carter had just scored to cut the deficit to 4 points. Coach Watson emphasized defense starting the offense during that timeout. The Bulldogs would end the half on an 8-0 run to take a 40-38 lead. They would extend the run to 12 points and take a 44-38 lead early in the 4th quarter.
However, Mercer would not go away. They went on a run of their own to go up 45-44. Mercer would hold a 50-48 lead when Emma Chambelin stepped to the line for a 1 and 1. She hit the first free throw, but missed the second. South Harrison was able to secure the rebound and Emma's sister, Hallee knocked down a huge 3-pointer from the corner to put South Harrison up 52-50. The Lady Bulldogs added 3 free throws to win it 55-52.
South Harrison was led in scoring by Hannah Carter with 25 points. Abby Molloy added 12.
- St. Joseph Christian Girls (2nd Place)
- Milan Boys (2nd Place)
- Milan Girls (3rd Place)
- Putnam County Boys (3rd Place)
- Putnam County Girls (Consolation)
- South Harrison
- Maysville Boys (Champion)
- South Harrison Girls (Champion)
- Princeton Boys (2nd Place)
- South Harrison Boys (3rd Place)
- North Harrison Boys (Consolation)
- North Andrew Boys (2nd Place)
- King City Girls (3rd Place)
- King City Boys (Consolation)
- Stanberry Girls (Consolation)
- Pattonsburg Boys (2nd Place)
- Polo Girls (2nd Place)
- Polo Boys (3rd Place)
- Pattonsburg Girls (Consolation)
- Dillion Willis of Maysville scored 46 points against East Harrison in the 1st Round of the South Harrison Tournament
- Addy Henke of Princeton scored 34 points against North Harrison in the 1st Round of the South Harrison Tournament
- Kemper Cline of Albany scored 32 points against Worth County in the 1st Round of the Stanberry Tournament
- Katelyn Jones of Pattonsburg scored 89 points in 3 games of the WildCards Invitational Tournament (31 vs. Winston, 32 vs. Union Star, 26 vs. Savannah JV)
- Kobyn Metzger of Maysville made 8 three-pointers against Mercer in the 2nd Round of the South Harrison Tournament
- Ethan Hensen of North Harrison made 7 three-pointers against Tri-County in the 2nd Round of the South Harrison Tournament
Post a Comment